Not so appetizing. Right?
Let’s make this meal of oats into something that’s a bit more exciting, shall we?
If you’re in a rush, here’s an easy way to not skip breakfast. (Skipping breakfast will make you gain weight.)
- Get some instant oatmeal (Ain’t nobody got time for the other stuff.)
- Shake some into a bowl and add just a little sea salt.
- Add boiling water to oatmeal to activate it, and mix with spoon.
- While the oatmeal is soaking, chop some strawberries or get out whatever other berries you want to add. (Chef B’friend’s fabulous mother suggests adding fresh ground black peppercorn to strawberries to make the flavor pop.)
- Add berries.
- Pour on a little soy or almond milk.
- Add honey to naturally sweeten it.
- Eat it!
Quick and easy. Delicious and will keep you from skipping breakfast. Or eating some horrid breakfast bar that has so many ingredients that you get bored whilst reading the label.
Everyone has an overripe banana or two hanging around the kitchen. Now, you don’t have to throw them away!
- Peel and mash bananas in bowl
- Add about 1 cup oatmeal (you can use instant) per banana in and mix. (Remember, you can stop right here for the no-bake option. Just form the cookies and throw them in the freezer to enjoy later!)
- Add any fillers you want: blueberries, chocolate, cinnamon, nuts, etc.
- Form the cookies
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line it with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Put them in the preheated (350 degrees) for 15 minutes
- Take them out. Let them cool. Look how cute they are. Eat them!
Do YOU have any bright ideas for using oatmeal? Leave a comment!