Super healthy AND super tasty AND super easy? Heck yes! All you need to make this dish is a ziplock bag and a few simple ingredients.
This is one of the first recipes Chef B’friend taught me when I started to learn about food. It can be done with regular chicken, but I’d suggest you make sure that chicken had a healthy, happy life and could walk. (Know where your meat comes from!)
I use Quorn faux chicken… and you treat it just like it was meat. Quorn is one of the best vegetarian meatless options out there because it’s made from mushrooms rather than soy. (Too much soy in your diet can lead to an estrogen imbalance.)
Here’s how to make this tasty dish!
- “chicken” breast
- boil-in-bag brown rice
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce or liquid aminos alternative
- lemon (or a splash of OJ!)
- dijon mustard
- Get the brown rice cooking on the stove.
- Put the “chicken” breast in a ziplock bag.
- Pour in the EVOO for a count of four.
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (just a splash… too much will coagulate the marinade while you cook it.)
- Squeeze half a lemon (or if you have Orange Juice, splash that instead! Really, any citrus will do.)
- Microplane (or chop) a clove of garlic in.
- Chop the chili and pop it in.
- Squeeze a good amount of honey in.
- Pour two-counts of soy sauce or liquid aminos
- Add two teaspoons of dijon mustard.
- Seal the ziplock bag with everything inside and squish it around to mix everything together.
- Get a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Once the heat gets going, pour the contents of the bag into the pan.
- Cook it for five minutes (if you’re using the Quorn. If you’re using real chicken… make sure it is cooked all the way through.)
- Fill up half a plate with lettuce.
- Make a little bed of rice for the faux chicken to lay on.
- Pour the contents of the pan on the rice.
- Pop on a little salad dressing (Click here for the easiest balsamic vinaigrette recipe EVER!)
- Enjoy yo meal.
What is your favorite quick and easy healthy recipe? Leave a comment!