I stole something.
I took my third spinning class, then I became a criminal.
I didn’t mean to, but I did it. I walked right out out of the gym, got halfway home, and realized I still had a gym towel around my neck.
I was thinking so hard about the pros and cons of this spinning thing I’ve been trying, I wasn’t thinking properly as I exited the building. I wonder what the front desk staff thought as they saw me leave. Whatever, they didn’t say anything. They just let me walk right out the door. That’s accessory to a crime!
Going to a cardio class the morning after July 4th celebrations is tough enough. Going to something I am not that thrilled about… let’s just say it was rough trying to motivate myself this morning.
I’m trying to work out exactly how I feel about spinning. I know for a fact I wouldn’t have ever taken this class if my friend hadn’t asked me to go. Here are my pros and cons. Let’s start with the bad stuff first:
- I get bored
- It would be much more fun riding a real bike
- It’s repetitive
- It hurts a lot if you don’t have padded shorts
- It’s easy to slack off on the resistance
- I sweat
- I feel like I’m getting an alright cardio workout
- I like the instructor
- The class is short (only 45 minutes!) That’s a big deal going from 90 minute Bikram yoga classes.
- It’s a good exercise in honesty (reach down and crank up that resistance!)
- I like competing against everyone else in the room (even though they don’t know they’re in a secret race inside my head.)
I couldn’t stop thinking about all of this during the class and after. (That’s when robbed NYSC.) I’m still not sure if I like it or not, and I’m usually a very decisive person. I generally know if something is good within the first minute of experiencing it. After three 45 minute sessions… all I know is my butt still hurts from the bike seat.
I know I have to return the towel I stole. I guess now I HAVE to go back to spinning class. Time to order some padded cycling shorts now.
I may not know how I really feel about spinning…but I do know this citi bike spinning class for the homeless is amazing.
What are YOUR thoughts on my pros and cons list? Am I missing something amazing about spinning classes that you want to tell me about? Leave a Comment!